Week in Westcreek May 11-17, 2015
The assessments for 2015 are $328.00 for the year or $82.00 quarterly. If you pay quarterly, please remember the due dates are January 1, April 1, July 1, and October 1, 2015. Finance charges are applied on past due assessments. IMPORTANT: ***All residents 12 and older must have a current VWOA ID card in order to access the pool and park and attend VWOA events.
VWOA will host the Westcreek Jubilee in the Sports Park Saturday, June 6, 2015 from 1:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m. Residents will enjoy food vendors, a car show, music, and free carnival rides. All residents must show a current VWOA ID. Wristbands may be purchased for guests for $15.00 each.
**Westcreek Car Show at the Jubilee
Cars wanted for a Car Show/Show & Shine on the 6th of June in the Villages of Westcreek Sports Park. Any Stock/Original cars, Low-riders, Muscle Cars, Hot Rods, custom Trucks, Imports, Tuners, Motorcycles & etc. Looking for some good looking custom cars to show off. Contact Israel at email@example.com for more information & please attach a picture of your vehicle or vehicles.
The Sports Park and Community Center pools are open on weekends only until Monday, June 8, 2015. The hours of operation are 10:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m. Things to remember when going to the pool:
*All residents 12 years and older must have a current VWOA ID card to enter the pools.
*There is a $3.00 fee for all guests over the age of 2, even if they are not swimming.
*Residents are allowed 4 guests per valid VWOA ID, but no more than 8 guests per household.
*All tenants must have a current lease on file and the homeowner’s must be current to update the ID cards.
*All babies/toddlers must be in swim diapers- regular diapers are not permitted.
If you have any questions, please contact the office.
VWOA is now accepting applications for the following positions:
Sports Park Monitor
Certified Life Guard
Please contact the Parks and Recreation Department with any questions and visit the office for an application.
Wahoos Swim Team Try-Outs
The Wahoo swim team will be holding try-outs Saturdays, May 16, 2015 at the Sports Park pool from 8:00-9:30 a.m. For more information contact Cindy Aguirre at Cynaguirre1@gmail.com or 210-394-7045. Registration for swim team will be done at the VWOA office during regular business hours.
The VWOA office accepts homeowner’s checks, credit cards, cash and money orders. If you cannot get to the office during office hours or do not live in VWOA, you can now pay your assessments online at www.villagesofwestcreek.com. Also, you may wish to set it up with your bank as a bill pay, the bank will mail a check directly to us. Please use your house number and street name as your VWOA account number. Homeowners can also mail your check personally to us. Please send payments to VWOA, 12395 Military Dr W., San Antonio, TX 78253. VWOA does not accept checks from non-homeowners. At this time we cannot accept payments over the phone. Please note that the P.O. Box is closed.
Bexar County Proposed Annexation
Approximately one third of your neighbors in the Villages of Westcreek and ultimately the entire neighborhood may be affected by the proposed annexation. Once the limited annexation time frame expires in 2016, the City may amend their proposal and consider the area for full annexation. Further information about annexation will be posted on the website in the weeks to come. The link to the online petition opposing the annexation is:
VWOA continues to host a Farmers Market starting at 9:00 a.m. every Thursday. The market is located in the overflow parking lot adjacent to the Community Center. The vendors accept cash, credit cards, WIC, LoneStar, and Senior Vouchers.
The Community Center and Sports Park Pavilion are available to rent for your next event. The facilities can be booked up to 6 months in advance. The office is now accepting reservations through October 2015. For more information, please visit our website www.villagesofwestcreek.com or contact the office at 679-8761.
Stage 2 Water Restrictions
We are still in Stage 2 water restrictions. Please visit www.saws.org website for more information.
The Villages of Westcreek is on Facebook. If you have a Facebook account, you can look us up and “like” our Facebook page to receive updates and information about your community.
Facebook “likes”: 1180
We just had our monthly Yard Sales this past Saturday. Unfortunately we seem to be seeing an increase of violations to our Standards pertaining to these sales as far as when they can be held, where to get a permit, and the signs that can be used. Please reference the Standards prior to conducting a sale at your property in order to stay in compliance.
Yard/garage sales are not allowed in the Villages of Westcreek unless a Permit is issued in accordance with the following:
- If assessments are current, owners and non-owners may apply for a non-refundable $15.00 fee Permit up to 4 PM on the Thursday preceding the planned sale date. The fee may be paid by cash, check, money order or MasterCard, Visa and Discover credit cards.
- Sales may only be scheduled on the second (2nd) Saturday of each month from 7 AM to 7 PM.
- If inclement weather causes the event to be postponed, it may be rescheduled at the next available date or a refund may be requested.
- Up to three (3) commercially produced signs are allowed to place 1. one at the residence; 2. another at a major street leading to the property; and 3. third at the nearest major intersection. Signs must be provided by the resident and may not exceed four (4) square feet per sign. Additional and/or homemade signs are not allowed as well as placing signs on trees, street signs, mailbox clusters, fences, utility poles, and/or the frontal property at any entrance to the Villages of Westcreek. Signs may not be displayed earlier than 12 noon the day before the scheduled sale and must be removed by 9 PM the same day as the sale.
- During the week of the scheduled sales date, the Association will 1. post the names of the streets and villages on the Association’s website; and 2. place VWOA signs at major intersections and all entrances to the Villages of Westcreek that will read: ‘VWOA Yard Sales this Saturday Start at 7AM’.
- To apply, residents must sign a “Yard/Garage Sales Permit Application and Release of Liability” form and is provided a Permit to display during the sale. The Permit number will be based on the month, year and the sequence number of the resident.
- Sale items may only be displayed within the resident’s property such as the lawn, garage and driveway. Items are not permitted on the street, sidewalk or driveway apron to prevent congestion and interference with street traffic and the use of the sidewalk by pedestrians.
- Residents are allowed two (2) twelve (12) hour sale days per year, by name and by address, in accordance with the Texas Sales taxing guidelines. Sales are limited to thirty (30) a month for the entire Community. When this number is reached, a “stand by list’ will be established in case of a cancellation so it may be offered to the next resident on the list.
- If neighborhood sales are desired, each participating owner or non-owner must apply for a VWOA Permit.
- If food is to be sold, a Permit is required from the Metropolitan Health District.
The next Yard Sale is scheduled for Saturday June 13, 2015.
If you see graffiti or vandalism in the Villages of Westcreek, please report it to the office at 679-8761.
Please be sure to pick up after your animals on all common areas and while in the Sports Park. A pet waste station is located next to the park rules sign.
Please remember to be observant in your neighborhood. Report any suspicious activities or persons to the Bexar County Sherriff’s office. (210) 335-6000
Public Safety Tip
When it comes to food storage and preparation, there are measures that you can take at home to reduce the risk of food poisoning. The Mayo Clinic suggests:
- Make sure utensils and food surfaces are clean. If you use a knife and cutting board to cut raw meat, clean them with hot, soapy water.
- Separate raw and ready-to-eat foods to prevent cross-contamination.
- Perishable foods should be refrigerated or frozen within two hours of purchasing or preparing.
- Make sure foods are properly cooked, and check internal temperature with a meat thermometer. Ground beef should be cooked to 160 F; steaks and roasts to at least 145 F; pork to at least 160 F; chicken and turkey to 165 F; and fish usually to 145 F.
- Defrost food properly — not at room temperature. The safest way to thaw foods is to defrost them in the refrigerator or to use the “defrost” setting on a microwave.
If you have a suggestion, idea or concern, please contact the Public Safety Committee Chair- Nick Giardino at (210) 241-2420.
Standards Revision Committee- The committee will hold their next meeting Wednesday, May 13, 2015 at 6:00 p.m. in the Conference Room. All are welcome to attend. An additional meeting is scheduled for May 27, 2015.
Sports Committee- The committee will hold their next meeting Thursday, May 14, 2015 at 6:00 p.m. in the Conference Room. All are welcome to attend.
Sports Park Committee- The committee will hold their next meeting Thursday, May 14, 2015 at 7:00 p.m. in the Conference Room. All are welcome to attend.
Strategic Planning Committee- The committee will hold their next meeting Tuesday, May 19, 2015 at 6:00 p.m. in the Conference Room. All are welcome to attend.
Board of Directors- The BOD will hold their next meeting Thursday, May 21, 2015 at 7:00 p.m. in the Community Center. All are welcome to attend. The BOD Executive meeting will be held at 6:00 p.m. prior to the BOD meeting. This is a closed session.
Office Closed- The office will be closed Monday, May 25, 2015 in observance of Memorial Day.
Public Safety Committee– The Committee will hold their next meeting Thursday, May 28, 2015 at 6:00 p.m. in the Conference Room. All are welcome to attend.
Association Report Card:
Unpaid Assessments: $111,562.19
Total Constant Contact: 1934
Happening This Week:
5:40 pm- SMASH Creative Dance
5:40 pm- SMASH Ballet/Tap
6:30 pm- SMASH Hip-Hop
7:30 pm- Lucy’s Body Shop Bootcamp
4:30 pm- ARC Meeting
7:30 pm- Lucy’s Body Shop Zumba
6:00 pm- Standards Revision Committee
6:30 pm- Lucy’s Body Shop Cardio Kickboxing
7:30 pm- Lucy’s Body Shop Pilates/Yoga
6:00 pm- Sports Committee
7:00 pm- Sports Park Committee
7:30 pm- Lucy’s Body Shop Zumba
8:00 am-Wahoos Swim Team try-outs
Soccer Tournament in the Park