Week In Westcreek May 7th-13th, 2012
The second quarter assessments are now due. The assessments for 2012 are $312.00 for the year or $78.00
quarterly. If you pay quarterly, please remember the due dates are January 1, April 1, July 1, and October 1,
2012. Finance charges are applied on past due assessments.
VWOA Pools Open May 12, 2012
The community pools will be opening this weekend! Please refer to our website www.villagesofwestcreek.com
for the complete schedule. Below are the current pool rules.
The swimming pool is for the enjoyment of residents in Westcreek. For your maximum enjoyment and safety, certain rules are necessary.
Rules may be amended or added to at any time by the Board of Directors.
1. All persons using the pool facility do so at their own risk and in conformance with these rules, whether lifeguards are present or not.
Pool hours are posted on the premises.
2. VWOA authorized personnel (i.e., Lifeguards, Facility Monitors, other staff as designated by the Board of Directors) are in charge of
daily pool operation and are responsible for enforcing pool rules. All persons entering the pool area consent to the posted rules and
must obey the reasonable instructions of these individuals or leave the pool area.
3. VWOA authorized personnel may eject any person from the pool facility for violations of the rules or for activity that constitutes a
hazard to others.
4. The VWOA and its employees are not responsible for accidents or injury; however, VWOA authorized personnel must be notified of
any injury immediately.
5. The Villages of Westcreek Owners’ Association, its members, directors, managers, and employees will not be responsible for the loss or
damage of any personal property of any kind.
6. Only members/residents with valid VWOA Id or guests of members/residents will be admitted to the pool, whether swimming or as a
7. a. All guests, both swimmers and spectators, must register upon entering the pool facilities. Members/residents under 13 years old are
not allowed any guests; members/residents at least 13 are allowed two (2) guests with a total per household not to exceed four (4) guests.
Members/residents must accompany guests at all times, and be responsible for their behavior. Members/residents 12 years old and
above CANNOT be guests. Swimmers/spectators must be 12 years or older and have a current VWOA ID card to enter the pool area
alone. Children under 12 accompanied by their resident parent(s) are not considered guests. Children under 12 brought to the pool by
other than their resident parent(s) will be counted as guests.
b. Guests of members/residents must register and pay a $3 fee per day upon entrance to the pool.
c. When an unaccompanied person under (12) twelve years of age is found without a guardian 12 or older, an attempt will first be made
to contact the individual’s parents with a request to pick up the unaccompanied child. If the parents are unavailable, VWOA
authorized personnel will contact the Bexar County Sheriff’s Department for assistance. The Sheriff will be asked to pick up the child.
Siblings caring for other siblings are to conduct themselves in a mannerly fashion. Those not adhering to rules and regulations will be
asked to leave the pool by VWOA authorized personnel. The Board will be notified. The family will be denied access to all pools for 30
8. Persons under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be permitted within the pool facility. Alcoholic beverages are not permitted
within the fenced-in pool facility.
9. No glass of any kind, skates, skateboards, bicycles, etc., are permitted in the pool area. Gum chewing and tobacco products are
prohibited in the pool area. All pets are prohibited from the pool area, not including animals for disabled assistance. Special events
during normal operating hours are prohibited.
10. Food and drinks will be permitted on the patios. Do not take food or drinks within 10 feet of the pool’s edge.
11. Spitting, “dunking,” running, scuffling, or horseplay of any kind, in or around the pool, will not be allowed. Diving is not allowed. The
use of profane language is prohibited and is grounds for ejection.
12. Water sports and games may be allowed at the discretion of the VWOA authorized personnel.
13. Any floating devices that obstruct the view of VWOA authorized personnel are not allowed, including: boogie boards, black inner
tubes, and lounge chairs.
The VWOA strongly recommends the use of US Coast Guard approved flotation
14. Parents must assume full responsibility for babies in the wading pool. See posted limits for use of the wading pool.
15. Restroom facilities are available and will be used. Anyone not toilettrained must wear swim diapers in every pool. Diaper changes are
to take place in restrooms away from pool’s edge.
16. Use waste receptacles. Keep the area clean. It will be as clean and pleasant as you keep it.
17. The VWOA authorized personnel may answer questions regarding pool rules and operations but must not be engaged in casual
conversation. Lifeguards, when on duty, are required to watch swimmers at all times.
18. At the discretion of VWOA authorized personnel, a lap lane may be created for any person wishing to swim laps as the schedule
permits. As a courtesy, other swimmers should avoid interfering with the lap swimmers while the lane is in use.
19. Pool facility operating hours must be strictly adhered to. Please leave the pool facility no later than 5 minutes after the designated
closing time so the facility may be cleaned, closed, and locked. On days when the pool is rented for a party, please clear the pool gates
by designated closing time.
20. Lifeguards are authorized a 10-minute break every hour. Breaks will be rotated so that only one lifeguard is on break at a time. If
capacity dictates, it may be required that the pool be vacated during the break.
VWOA Wahoos Swim Team
The swim team will hold their registrations on Saturday May 12, 2012 from 9:00 am- 12:00 pm at the Sports
Park pool. All residents are welcome to attend. Contact Brenda Cornell for more information. 538-5415.
Children’s Self-Defense Class- May 12, 2012 9:00 am- 12:00 pm
1 SAFE KID-This course is for children ages 6 and up and teaches safety tips, how to be aware, how to use
their voice to attract attention, how to set boundaries, simple physical defense skills, and practice on a padded
$30.00 per child for the class – ($25/each additional child from the same family).
Non-residents pay 10% more.
There are only 20 slots available, so register early.
Stage 2 Water Restrictions
This does affect all of the neighborhoods in the Villages of Westcreek.
SAWS does hire off duty law enforcement officers to enforce these rules. If you are new to the San Antonio
area these rules are strictly enforced by SAWS.
Watering with an irrigation system or sprinkler is allowed only once a week from 3-8 a.m. and 8-10 p.m. on
your designated watering day as determined by your address:
0 or 1
2 or 3
4 or 5
6 or 7
8 or 9
No watering on weekends with a sprinkler, soaker hose or irrigation system. Areas without a street
address, such as medians and neighborhood entryways, water on Wednesday.
SAWS recommends that irrigation system settings be checked to ensure they are utilized on the correct day
during the designated hours. Visit www.saws.org/conservation for more information, or call 210-704-SAVE
(7283) to schedule an appointment.
Customer service inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Web site issues:
Annual Picnic May 19, 2012, 11:00 am-3:00 pm
VWOA residents get ready -The Annual Picnic is quickly approaching. The event is always a lot of fun
and a great success. There will be activities for all ages, food, drink, and music. In addition, there will be
performances from local high school ROTC teams, performances from SMASH, Olympic Karate, and Lucy’s
Body Shop. All residents 12 and older must bring a current VWOA ID card to gain free entrance. Non-resident
guests are welcome to attend the event for $8.00 per person. We look forward to seeing everyone there and
to enjoy the day with our community!
VWOA is now accepting applications for the following positions:
Please stop by the office for an employment application form.
The Villages of Westcreek is now on Facebook. If you have a Facebook account, you can look us up and “like”
our Facebook page to receive updates and information about your community.
If you have a fence that backs up to a major road, where people walk by and you have a dog please check your fence
and make sure your dogs are not getting out through the fence. We have had several complaints recently about dogs
breaking through the fence and trying to bite people as they pass by. The fence slats may need to be nailed or screwed
back into place.
We are now in Stage Two Water Restrictions, if you follow the rules and hand water occasionally you can
still maintain a healthy lawn. Just because we are in Stage Two does not mean you are excused from properly
maintaining your yard. Weeds will still grow without much water. Our standards do allow for other types of
ground cover, not just grass. Bare dirt and weeds do not qualify as a ground cover.
Our Standards do not allow for lost and found or bandit signs to be placed anywhere in our neighborhoods. This
is also against U.S. Postal regulations to place anything onto a mail box cluster. We do have a place on our web
site for lost and found. Go to www.villagesofwestcreek.com and leave an email for the Web Master and your
information will be placed onto the web site within 72 hours.
Window Air Conditioners are not allowed without Architectural Review Committee (ARC) approval. The
resident must show a medical necessity for their use and if allowed they are only to be installed on side or rear
windows of a residence.
Keep Westcreek Beautiful. Do not litter. Please take a moment to dispose of any litter you may find.
Public Safety Tip
As we work and clean up around our homes, please check for any dead brush, cut branches or leaves that could
pose a fire threat. Most of the trash companies will take these items if they are cut up and in three foot bundles
or if they will fit into the portable trash can you are issued. Be Fire Wise and clear any dead brush or branches
from around your home. Most of the Villages of Westcreek is adjacent to a Green Belt and the vegetation
in this Green Belt is very dry right now, so we need to take care of the areas that we are responsible for as
If you a have a tree in your yard that appears to be dead, it is the responsibility of the homeowner to have the
tree removed. There are several trees within the Villages of Westcreek that appear to have not survived the
drought we have had the last couple of years. By this time of the year all of the leaves should be green. If the
tree were to fall and strike someone or neighbor’s home, the homeowner of the tree could be held liable for any
injuries or damage because he or she did not take care of the dead tree ahead of time.
May 8, 2012, Communications Committee at 6:30 pm in the Conference room. All welcome to attend.
May 8, 2012, Strategic Planning Committee at 7:00 pm in the Conference room. All are welcome to attend.
May 10, 2012, Sports Park Meeting, at 5:30 in the Conference room. All are welcome to attend.
May 14, 2012, Board of Directors Executive Session. This is a closed session.
May 17, 2012, Board of Directors at 7:00 pm in the Community Center. All are welcome to attend.
Happening This Week:
9:00 am-Women’s Total Fitness
5:30 pm -Creative Dance (ages 3-5)
5:30 pm -Ballet/Tap (ages 4-6)
6:30 pm -Cardio Kickboxing
7:30 pm- Zumba
4:30 pm- ARC Meeting
5: 00 pm-Youth Karate
6:15 pm- Adult Karate
6:30 pm- Communication Committee in Conference Room
7:00 pm –Strategic Planning Committee in Conference Room
7:30 pm- Body Boot Camp
9:00 am -Women’s Total Fitness
5:30 pm -Hip-Hop (ages 7-12)
5:30 pm- Ballet/Jazz/Tap (ages 7-12)
6:30 pm- Cardio Groove
7:30 pm- Zumba
9:00 am- VWOA Adult Recreation Group
5: 00 pm-Youth Karate
5:30 pm- Sports Park Committee meeting in the Conference Room
6:15 pm- Adult Karate
7:30 pm- Body Boot Camp
9:00 am -Women’s Total Fitness
Swimming Pools open
Happy Mother’s Day
Association Report Card:
Facebook Count: 340
Unpaid Assessments: $119,836.32
Total number on Constant Contact: 1362