LOST AND FOUND
LOST AND FOUND DESK
Have you misplaced something valuable or important? Don’t panic! The Villages of Westcreek Owners Association operates a “Lost and Found” desk in the Community Center during normal business hours. If you have lost or found an item, please stop by during our regular hours, and our friendly staff will be happy to assist you. We understand how frustrating it can be to lose something, and we want to help reunite you with your belongings. Don’t hesitate to reach out if you need any help. We are here for you!
PROTECT YOUR PETS FROM GETTING LOST
As a pet owner, taking precautions to protect your furry friends from getting lost is important. Here are some tips to keep them safe:
- Get your pet micro-chipped: A tiny device can be implanted under your pet’s skin. It contains your contact information and can help identify your pet if they get lost.
- Keep identification on your pet: Make sure your pet is wearing a collar with an ID tag that includes your name, phone number, and address. You can also consider getting a GPS tracker for your pet’s collar.
- Keep your pet on a leash: When you’re out and about with your pet, make sure they are always on a leash. This will prevent them from running off and getting lost.
- Train your pet to come when called: Teach your pet to come when you call their name. This can be helpful if they ever get loose and you need to call them back.
- Be aware of your surroundings: When you’re out with your pet, keep an eye on them and be aware of your surroundings. If you notice anything suspicious or your pet seems nervous, it’s best to leave the area.
REPORTING LOST AND FOUND PETS
If you have lost or found a pet, acting quickly and reporting it to the appropriate authorities is important. These organizations can help reunite lost pets with their owners and find new homes for animals in need.
- San Antonio Animal Care Services: They are responsible for enforcing animal-related laws in the city and offer services to reunite lost pets with their owners.
- Animal Defense League of Texas: They provide shelter, medical care, and adoption services for animals in need. They also have a lost and found pet registry.
- San Antonio Humane Society: They provide services to reunite lost pets with their owners, including a lost and found pet registry and microchip scanning.
- SAPA! (San Antonio Pets Alive!): They offer a lost and found pet registry and adoption services for homeless pets.
- San Antonio Spay-Neuter Assistance Program: They offer low-cost spay and neuter services and a lost and found pet registry for residents of Bexar County.
- Petco Love Lost Organization: Petco Love Lost helps reunite missing pets with their people by using a photo of the pet. Search our national database of more than 170,000 dogs and cats, then create and share digital lost pet alerts on Nextdoor, Facebook, and via email.
- PetFBI.org: This organization not only provides a free flyer if you lost or found a dog, but they have the country’s largest lost and found pet database.
- City of San Antonio Animal Care Service Rescue Groups: Animal Care Services works with rescue organizations and animal groups to help save more lives.
- Gods Dog Rescue: Serving all over South Texas, they rescue and foster abused, abandoned, and neglected dogs until they can find their “furever” homes, whether in Texas or another part of the country – even Canada!