IMPACT ON COMMUNITY GATHERINGS AND AMENITY USE
The concern over the COVID-19 pandemic is a grave issue for our nation and community. The Villages of Westcreek Owners’ Association wants to make sure we are all doing our part as individuals and as a community to help stay ahead of the curve and slow down this virus’s spreading.
The Board of Directors will follow city, county, and state guidelines to determine the reopening of amenities and classes. The current status of community openings and closures are as follows:
AMENITY/ACTIVITIES OPENINGS AND RESTARTS
- The Sports Park Fields, Dog Park, Walking Track, Tot Lot, Basketball Court, and Tennis Courts are OPEN. Per the county’s latest declaration of a public health emergency, all community members should practice social distancing of 6ft or more.
- VWOA Sports Programs have resumed.
- Monthly “Garage Sales” are permitted on the 2nd Saturday of every month. Estate Sales are also allowed.
- The VWOA Office has reopened. See details in the “Front and Center Office News” section of this newsletter. Masks are required for entry.
- Please check with the VWOA Office for the most up-to-date Facility Rental guidelines.
MEETINGS AND CLASSES
- We have suspended all “in-person” Committee and Board Meetings until further notice. These meetings are being held on Zoom. Meeting announcements and Zoom links will be sent to all registered emails and posted to the VWOA website.
- All Community Center classes and activities have been canceled until further notice.
- Please note that the “SMASH Class” has restarted!
FUTURE UPDATES AND RESOURCES
- The Board and Staff are monitoring the situation closely and will notify the community of any other updates as they impact meetings, activities, access to amenities, etc. These communications will be sent out in the “What’s the Buzz” publication and posted on our website and Facebook page.
- A link to the Spectrum COVID-19 Community Resource page is on the VWOA website.
We appreciate your understanding and attempt to slow the spread of COVID-19 in our community.
Submitted by: Heather Mallia, VWOA Treasurer
- Previous Board of Directors Meeting Notification – March 17th and March 18th!
- Next SAFETY PRECAUTIONS WHEN CONDUCTING BUSINESS AT THE COMMUNITY CENTER