NOMINATION COMMITTEE MEETING – DECEMBER 17th AT 5 PM
NOMINATION COMMITTEE MEETING NOTIFICATION
In accordance with the VWOA Bylaws and Administrative Resolution 48, the Board President appointed Board Member Kevin Drummonds to chair the Nominations Committee for election year 2020. The committee will consist of at least 3 homeowners to serve as voting committee members, also appointed by the Board. Anyone interested in serving may join the committee after being appointed by the Board.
The primary responsibilities of the Nominations Committee are:
- Determining the number of nominations needed.
- Ensuring that deadlines for nominations are met.
- Overseeing the posting of nomination forms using the prescribed form.
- Ensuring the accuracy of the information when it is presented to the community.
- Reporting to the Board monthly updates on the candidates.
- Assisting the Board in conducting two Meet the Candidates meetings 60 and 30 days before the Annual Meeting.
With the 2020 Annual Membership meeting coming in April, the committee must begin its work very soon to ensure a smooth nomination and election process. Therefore, we will hold an informational meeting for all potential committee members on Tuesday, December 17, 2019, at 5:00 PM in the Community Center Conference Room.
If you wish to serve and assist with preparations for our 2020 Board Election process, please join us. The names of those who wish to serve will be presented to the Board for appointment at the January 16, 2020 Board meeting. If you cannot attend the meeting on December 17, 2019, you may still be appointed to the committee by attending the Board meeting and expressing a desire to participate.