Personal Safety – Common Sense and Behaviors
Most of the time criminals will only act if they have easy access to stealing and little risk of being caught. You can change this equation with some common sense behaviors and habits:
- Always keep the zippers and pockets of your purse, shoulder back, backpack, etc. closed.
- Keep your wallet in the inside pocket of your coat, or the front pocket of your trousers.
- Never set your items down unattended, even for a moment.
- Always look at the people around you.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- If something doesn’t look right or feel right in a situation, leave.